Friday, January 20, 2006

Babysitting

So Julie and I babysat Donny, the older of my parents foster children. My parents were at a mandatory retreat. ( it is a retreat but you have to go and have to participate in stuff... isn't that a mystery? ) Anyways, so I am running around cooking up patty melts which Donny didn't eat. geeze he's like 1 years old now, he can handle a toasted burger with onions. Well, he wasn't too content and so we settled on yogurt.

NOw the swimming 15 minutes after you eat applies for leg horsey on babies and for several hours after the meal. Donny proved the theory by throwing up in and amongst his laughter at being bounced on my knee.

THat was gross only to be topped of by the worst diaper in the history of diapers. I cannot begin to describe the depths to which the poo hath wrought. The entire inside of the diaper was covered. Elastic to elastic and tape to tape. I instantly almost threw up myself while donny seemed content to kick around in it. I went through nearly a whole box of whipeys try to peel what was like sweet potato caserole off every possabile place the diaper had touched. Other than that it has been fun.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Wait until the pooh is so unmanageable that it seeps from his/her diaper and up her back, smearing pooh all over his/her clothes and therefore, because you are completely unaware of it, all over your hand and the table you’re changing her on. Come talk to me about pooh when that happens. In fact, come talk to me about pooh after that has happened for the hundredth time. Until then, stop bouncing kids on your knee right after they’ve eaten! Dumb arse!