Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Passion

OK, so this is an intro into a new era for my blog for a time. I have not had the opportunity to access it in a while, so there has been nothing new. I have had the opportunity to wrestle with some things that I see God doing with me and in the church.

IT all centers around the idea of passion. Michael Jordan, Braveheart, mother Theresa, Napoleon ( what? ), Joan of Arc....Pause, my office neighbor just stuck her head in the door and asked about Passion cd's, that's a mistery..Resume... freakin William Booth, Martin Luther, Hitler, Terry Bradshaw ( 1 pt. for Steelr reference.) the terminator, FDR, Bono, (1pt. Bono), Muslims, John Maxwell, Jehovah's Witnesses, Druggies, Rocky Balboa, if you know their name, they were probably passionate about something. Passion works in wierd ways, for some its awesome like Mother Theresa, for Hitler... not so awesome.

I have been hit hard with this idea that, being created in God's image means we were created with Passion. Realizing that passion unleashed can be so very awesome and so very dangerous in the same breathe... how much more bigger does this idea make the commandment for us to have nothing else come before Him in our Passion pecking order. Holy geeze, when a person's Passion is not on God whether by choice or ignorance, it is dangerous. But, when our passion that gets unleashed on the world is on God....

Warning... this will be the topic of several posts to come.

3 comments:

Joshua said...

More bigger? Mistery? Seriously dude.

But honestly, I know what you mean. I'm a very passionate person, and all too often I am passionate about the wrong thing. And it seems as though the more wrong I am, the more passionately loud I am about being wrong.

Sean said...

Good point

Nicole_Marietta said...

Hey there Sean! Good point you make! I always remember the words from Major Mark Tillsley...if we are zealous about everything how will people know what's important? I do find that we can place our zeal and passion on even the wrong focus in the church as well (more doing than being at times). Anyway, can't wait to see how this discussion continues.