Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Porch at 17th

So, I was supposed to continue my thoughts on butter Jesus (see previous post), but I think I am spent from trying to analyze things too much. In short I think to spend money on such a thing is the worst decision they could have made. And maybe I am being like Judas because the people at that church really feel that this was the best they could give to God, like a small child drawing a picture of her dad, but I feel like there is so much harvest ready to be reaped all over the world. I would hate to think that resources were squandered. Anyways, enough of that.

The last few nights have been perfect weather wise. Warm but not humid. You could smell the grass and the soon to be budding trees. It reminded me of making killer movies at three in the morning in college with the guys, and sitting at the edge of the runway of the airport for like two hours only to have one plane, the smallest plane in the world, fly over our heads. And then to get stopped and interrogated by the cops. It reminds me of bitners, and camp during lane duty, and jumping off the bridge, but most of all...

It reminds me of the porch at 17th street. If I was Josh, I could wax on eloquently about the joys of the porch and the yucky couch and the bottle tree and everything else. I love all of the seasons equally and am always ready for them when they arrive, and they always provide me with nostalgia.

So here's to the porch!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...bottle tree.
Good times

Anonymous said...

oh, sorry

-Babs

Joshua said...

Bottle Tree! I forgot all about the bottle tree. How ridiculous. We were stupid fun.

joel.ivany said...

There is absolutely nothing cooler than that photo.

Well done.

Tim and Deane said...

What a joy and a privilege for a terrific group of young people to be able to journey down the memory lane called 17th street. You have been such unconditionally loving friends. It is a rarity in life to find that once. But many of you found it many times. I'm happy you have those memories - and I thought you waxed most eloquently. I was touched.

jamie said...

A) how could you not know i was in show choir? it is my husbands single most favorite point of ridicule in my life...

B)don't insult me...we were way beyond jazz hands. seriously, if you didn't master that you were out in 7th grade

C)lane duty (the real talk was who was visiting or being visited by whom as i recall)

D) jumping off the bridge...i will never regret it

Jason and Suzi Lantz said...

I'll toast a cool creamer to that!